School Work In The Real World...
Stanislav Shalunov's daughter got an offer for a job that has:
- $0 salary and no equity (you�re supposed to be compensated in experience)
- no benefits other than vacation and sick time: no insurance, for example
- no job description: just do what you�re told
- micromanaging boss asks about project status every hour
- strict hours, starting at 8:30AM sharp
- rigid workweek and you�re expected to work from home a ton
- open-desk seating, not even a cube, with a hard chair
- the work is boring and demeaning, like adding digits and copying text
- all your useless work gets thrown away
His daughter rejected this ridiculous offer and is now just working on side projects while looking for a better opportunity.
But millions of other seven-year-olds accepted identical offers to do school work.
Stanislav Shalunov is the author of the Hacking Startups Blog where you can read the full version.
- Laugh @ School: Truthiness @ School
What does truthiness do at school? If truthiness is about knowing from the gut, schooliness is about knowing because they said it would be on the test.